Mirror Mirror on the WALL, who is accountable for it all???
If you think someone or something other than yourself is responsible for your happiness or success, I'd guess you're not that happy or successful. - Rob Liano
This quote is so simple, yet it speaks loudly! Growing up wrestling, I remember my Father and I had gone to a wrestling tournament. I was probably 10 years old.
This particular tournament provided me a really big learning moment. I lost one of my matches on what I believed to be a "controversial call" and didn't think that it was "FAIR." My Dad was also my Coach, so I told him to fix it. "That's what you're there for. You're supposed to make sure unfair things don't happen," I reasoned. On a few different occasions I went back to him with "That's not fair," or "I was cheated, and you're supposed to help me." My Father told me to let it go. He warned me that if I didn't let it go and stop complaining that he would sit me out from wrestling until I was mature enough to handle that sometimes situations are unfair and they don't always go my way!
Little did I know he was trying to help me learn a harsh truth, although I wasn't having it. Before I knew it I wasn't able to wrestle for about a year. This situation taught me a few different lessons that I will share with you. They not only relate to wrestling, but LIFE as well!
1. Wrestling isn't always fair and neither is LIFE!
2. Sometimes in wrestling and in LIFE you will feel cheated. What are you going to do about it? Complain, bicker, moan, or QUIT?
3. Never rely on the ref to WIN the match. They are humans. They make mistakes and, some can even be biased, which is out of your control!
4. Following up #3, CONTROL what YOU can CONTROL! You control your H.E.A.T. Your HEART, EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and TOUGHNESS! If you don't control those four simple things you don't deserve to WIN and you won't consistently win in wrestling or in LIFE!
5. Never ever blame someone else for your lack of success or your failed results! Be the CEO of your own company and take full responsibility. If you can't be ACCOUNTABLE you can't be GREAT! You have to be the Captain of your own ship or as I like to say,"Be the pilot of your own plane!"
Thank You for reading!
Kyven "Showtime" Gadson
CEO & Founder Gadson Strong
Head Pilot of Gadson Airlines